Saturday, March 5, 2022

Knit and Pearl Podcast: Finished Object in depth with Left Hand Knitting Tips



Rug sweater,
 Free pattern on Ravelry by Junko Okamoto, 

Yarn is Barcelona Big, in Amethyst color way , 

Needle is US 10, 6mm Addi, 

What I did different then pattern.

I did not do color work, and it knits up like a comfy sweatshirt like fit. I also did not do the decreased at the waste since I was not doing the color work and I wanted the nice, roomy fit.


Short rows at back of neck: 

I used German short row for wrap and turn. There is a great tutorial by Very Pink Knits

Blocking Acrylic

 I use the steam method to block acrylic yarn projects. I usually steam block most projects because it helps to even out the stitched and I don't care for the rolling on the hem. 


Left handed knitting tips:

This pattern has the K2TG and SSK on the sleeve decreases, and I flipped them to have a nice decrease line.

I will insert a short video at end to show the difference in flipping or knitting as pattern is written.

No comments:

Post a Comment