Saturday, January 29, 2022

Knit and Pearl Podcast: Finish Object in depth, With Left hand knitting tips.



 The Feel The Bern, Free on Ravelry by Caitlin Hunter.

Yarn I Used: I Love This Yarn, by Hobby Lobby

Colors: 

220/ Coffee- Used half the skien

160/ Brown - used little over one skien

20/ Ivory Used half a skien

797/ Light Taupe used half a skien

Needles

US 7, 4.5mm for ribbing

US 9, 5.5mm for rest of sweater.

What I did different then pattern.

I used worsted weight yarn instead of the DK weight the pattern called for, and also bigger needles, so I choose to knit the size Medium to compensate. I normally would knit an x large or 2xl.

I also knit the sleeves longer then pattern to cover my wings, LOL

Short rows at back of neck: 

I used German short row for wrap and turn. There is a great tutorial by Very Pink Knits

Blocking Acrylic 

I use the steam method to block acrylic yarn projects. And with this project I streamed it inside out then right side out to even out some pucker in color work. 

Left handed knitting tips:

After I cast on, I usually knit a row in pattern before I start knitting in the round, otherwise I get purl bumps at front of work. easy to sort out when weaving in ends. 

When reading color work charts, since I knit left to right, I start the chart going Left to right.

If pattern contains knit 2 together with a corresponding slip slip knit,  Left handed knitters need to 

Slip Slip knit, then knit 2 together. 

It will work to do what pattern say, but you will get a lot nicer finish if you do the flip of the K2TG, and SSK.



No comments:

Post a Comment